22 Aug 2011

Child Sexual Abuse

Just finished the second part of a workshop about the prevention of child sexual abuse. I'll admit, it's very depressing to know the statistics of how many children are abused sexually in Malaysia. Probably the most shocking piece of information that I've heard was that even guys get raped. Yeah, no joke. It is just as traumatising as when girls get raped.

On top of that, I also found out about the myths and facts of sexual abuse. Did you know that a sexual abuser usually is a person that is trusted by the victim? It could be a family member, extended family member, teachers, religious leaders, etc. So, teaching 'stranger danger' is never a good idea. Instead we have to teach our kids what are appropriate and inappropriate touches, etc.

All in all, it was a good informative time.

I'll upload the videos taken on youtube and here soon.

As usual, click on one of the advertisements on the top right corner to support me if you liked this post. I really appreciate that. =D For those who have clicked on it, a thousand thanks! ^^

Cheers.

No comments: